Energy Assistance Requirements
To receive Energy Assistance through Great Northern Services you must…
- be a resident of Siskiyou County.
- meet the household income requirements. See income limits at the bottom of this page.
- pay for your own energy expenses.
- provide proof of income for everyone in the household.
- complete a current application and return all requested documentation.
- Apply online
- Use this online form to request an application through the mail
- Call us at 530-939-4115 ext 122
- Apply at your local Family/Community Resource Center
Did you know?
- You can still receive Energy Assistance if you’re enrolled in Pacific Power’s CARE discount program.
- You can still receive assistance if your energy bills are in another person’s name or if the expense is included in your rent.
- You should apply for assistance before you receive a shut-off notice.
- Applications are prioritized by a state-mandated point system and assistance is not guaranteed.
- This is not an immediate assistance program. It may take several months to process your application and for payments to be posted to your account.
2023 LIHEAP Income Guidelines
|Household Size||Maximum Monthly Income|
|NOTE: Income amounts for family sizes greater than six persons were determined based on the following calculation: Add 1% to 132% for each additional family member, multiply the new percentage by $62,314, and divide by 12. Example: household size of 7: 132% + 3% = 135% × $62,314 = $84,123.90 ÷ 12 = $7,010.33 per month.|