Our Energy Assistance Program helps income-qualified households afford their energy expenses by providing direct payment to a utility (like Pacific Power) or fuel vendor, or by giving them vouchers for firewood delivery. Our Weatherization program makes permanent upgrades to clients’ homes to make them safer, more energy-efficient, and more comfortable. If you are unfamiliar with the programs or not sure if you qualify, you may find answers to your questions on the Energy Assistance Page or the Home Weatherization Page. You can also call us at (530) 938-4115 ext. 114. Your household can apply for both programs with one application.
Great Northern Services uses ShareFile and RightSignature to give you a safe and secure way to apply for Energy Assistance and Weatherization. Our goal is to make it easier for clients to fill out and submit the necessary paperwork to receive help. No one is required to apply online. If you would prefer a physical application we will send you one in the mail. You may request one by calling (530) 938-4115 ext. 120 or by filling out this form.
Before you start the application:
- Download and review the 2021 Pre-application Packet. During the application process, you will be asked to sign that you received and reviewed these materials.
- Collect the necessary additional documents: you will need to provide proof of income for all adults in the household and documentation of your energy needs. There are examples and instructions in the 2021 Pre-application Packet.
- A note on documentation: Files in the PDF format are the most reliably readable way to give us digital documentation–this is often the format bank statements or power bills will download in and it’s the format most scanners save files in. If you have the choice, choose a PDF. We understand that sometimes taking photos of your documents is the easiest option. If you are taking a photo of a piece of paper try to make sure the image is clear and readable and your photo captures the entire document—don’t cut off names or dates. Good lighting can make a huge difference. If a printed image is not legible the state will not accept it as documentation. There are also free apps for Android or iOS that will produce more readable results than your phone camera on its own.
A note on navigation: using “Tab” to navigate through the forms takes you to the next required field. You may skip an essential field for your application because it’s not required for ALL households. Please navigate slowly and review the information carefully.
- You will receive an email from RightSignature asking you to verify your email to complete the application process.
- You will then receive a fairly immediate email notification from RightSignature that your application has been executed.
- You will later receive an email from Great Northern Services confirming we have received your application.
- If there are any issues or additional documents needed we will contact you by email. Please check your email (including your spam folder) so you do not miss an important request.
- You may call us during business hours to check on the status of your application. Call (530) 939-4115 ext. 120 and leave a message. We will get back to you as quickly as we can.
- You may also email us questions at firstname.lastname@example.org but please be aware that email is a relatively insecure platform. Never use email attachments to send documents containing sensitive information–like social security numbers, dates of birth, banking info, etc. If we need to request additional documents we will send you a secure link to upload them safely.
Possible Additional Forms
There are certain forms that may be needed to be signed by household members or other individuals. During your application, you can provide emails to have the forms sent to the correct individual, or that individual can follow the links below. To help make sure paperwork does not go missing, please do not ask them to fill out these forms until you have submitted your application.
Adults with no income: If any household members are over 18 years of age and without an income, they need to complete and sign the CSD43B form called Certification of Income and Expenses.
CalFresh (Food Stamps): If a member of your household receives CalFresh (Food Stamps) we will need a copy of their Passport to Services. If you do not have a copy to upload they can fill out this form and we will try to request one for them.
Utility Consent: If your power bill is in another person’s name they will need to sign a copy of the Account Holder Authorization and Consent form.
|Household Size||Maximum Monthly Income|
|NOTE: Income amounts for family sizes greater than six persons were determined based on the following calculation: Add 1% to 132% for each additional family member, multiply the new percentage by $56,102, and divide by 12. Example: household size of 7: 132% + 3% = 135% × $56,102 = $75,737.70 ÷ 12 = $6,311.48 per month.|