GNS’s goal is to develop much needed housing, community facilities, and infrastructure development projects throughout Siskiyou County. We operate under CA Contractor’s License # 629328. As a community based non-profit organization with a primary focus on serving Siskiyou County jurisdictions and their residents, GNS is uniquely qualified to provide technical services to these and state, federal and collaborative agencies.
Through the provision of technical services, GNS builds strength and solves problems through county cooperation. GNS provides organizational capacity; a trained, skilled staff; and an economy of scale in service delivery. Staff is in the field and connected in many ways to residents of the region. The goals of GNS’s technical services are to:
- Strengthen the existing capacity in local governments and organizations;
- Reduce unnecessary duplication of efforts;
- Facilitate multi-community collaboration and problem-solving;
- Increase efficiency and accountability in the use of local government resources
- Improve communication and coordination amongst and between jurisdictions.
GNS provides a range of project-specific services for individual jurisdictions and other partner organizations. These services are offered to address staffing challenges and technical capacity that may exist within jurisdictions/partner organizations, and/or because GNS has developed in-house expertise in areas that benefit the jurisdictions collectively. GNS offers an economy of scale in providing capacity and expertise to each jurisdiction. Services include:
- Grant Writing and Project Development
- Grant Administration and Portfolio Management
- Financing for new or expanding businesses
- Labor Standards Monitoring on Construction Projects
(Prevailing Wage Monitoring)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Services
- Community Development and Planning Services
(e.g. community needs assessments, issues identification, strategic planning surveys, housing surveys, focus group facilitation, funding strategy development)
Infrastructure Project Development
GNS (CA lic. # 629328) provides a range of project development services for public infrastructure projects, including assistance in securing funding to support the construction and project management of public works projects.
Rural communities hold the keys to survival in their own hands.
With help from policies that build on their strengths as desirable places to live and raise families, they can thrive.
For successful community development, local leaders, entrepreneurs, and residents of all ages need to be engaged. Identifying and drawing on these assets can build wealth, relationships, and cohesion inside the community and bridge to resources beyond the community. New ideas, networks and opportunities emerge during this process. The components are:
- Strategic Planning
- Quality of Life
- Economic Health
- Community Building