Good news for people who care about people and community…
So much good, so little time…Thank You!
“Let’s Feed the Kid’s” campaign success!
Giving Tuesday report – 560 families served
2016 will be kind to 2017 – Thanks to folks just like you!
November ushered in an awesome display of community caring and giving when over 50 generous individuals and businesses donated $5,000 during Giving Tuesday. Meeting our goal means feeding children-in-need during holiday and summer breaks (when school meal programs are not available). “An unbelievable 31.8% of children under 18 in Siskiyou County are food insecure.” The fundraising success of the 2016 campaign already helped provide turkeys and hams to 560 families and 130 Holiday food bags over Christmas break.
Thank you from the heart (and tummies)!
Chad Lancour “Pays it forward…”
27 elementary students created this art piece over a year. Chad Lancour, yet another caring Wholesale Solar employee, bought the piece for himself at the annual Butteville Elementary School Fundraiser. After hearing about GNS’s new and free public meeting space Chad spontaneously gifted the piece to Great Northern. “What better place for children’s art than a space built for the public?” says Chad. “Great Northern provides wonderful services to the community in different ways. They help keep people warm in the winter and feed children. It was tragic that Great Northern lost their building in the Boles fire. I am happy to pay it forward.”
Need a space for a meeting?…
We are thrilled to announce that in March, our beautiful new conference room in Weed will be made available to nonprofit organizations and public agencies free of charge. Thanks to the generous assistance of the McConnell Foundation and the Shasta Regional Community Foundation our dream became a reality. The GNS Community Room sits 24 comfortably, it offers free WI-FI, kitchen facilities, state-of-the-art presentation and conferencing equipment. Call Nichole McCown at (530) 938-4115 ext. 115 for details.
Be a living legacy…
Donate, volunteer, grant wishes, have fun, feel good…
The desire to create a legacy is part of our human nature – not only to do good things, but also to be acknowledged well for the choices we make. There are so many things we cannot control, it is very rewarding to know there are things you can do and – really make a difference – right here in our own Siskiyou County backyard.
Please consider being creative and contributing with us:
- Direct donations for all, or any one community service program you support – Check it all out at www.gnservices.org
- Have a business? Together we can be creative in building a partnership where your business marketing benefits and so do your neighbors and children! Curious? Call us. www.mtshastanews.com/article
- Easy pass through donations at no cost to you:
Amazon Smile makes it easy to help end hunger while you shop! Shop through Amazon Smile and select Great Northern Services as your charity. 0.5% of your purchases go to GNS. It adds up! Thank you.
All Rays Food Place Access Rewards card users can select Great Northern Services as the local non-profit service organization to support – 1% of qualified purchases go to GNS.
- Fun volunteering: As the “Let’s Feed the Kids” summer program expands, we will need even more assistance in preparing and distributing healthy snack bags and lunches. Please join our fun and wonderful volunteers!
- Grant wishes: In-kind donations help provide essential items where they’re needed. In-kind donations provide real value to community members in need and to our organization’s efforts to help. Let’s be creative together!
Thank you for considering our current in-kind wish list:
- Snow tires for the food delivery van.
- Shelving for the new food storage warehouse.
Let us know if you can help. Please contact Heather Solus at (530) 938-4115 ext. 128 for details. Thank you!
We appreciate and want to hear from you – ANYTIME!
Please contact: Marie-Josée Wells, Development Director (530) 938-4115 ext. 121
All contributions are tax deductible…and hugely appreciated!
Join us in thanking these partners already helping us make a difference.