Join us in a job that is REWARDING, has GOOD BENEFITS, and uses a FOUR DAY WORK WEEK.
We are looking for that special person to coordinate, develop, manage and administer loan and grant programs and services for the Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG), Rural Microenterprise Assistance Program (RMAP) and other federal and/or state grant programs. The Project/Grant Management Coordinator complies with all federal regulatory guidelines, requirements and procedures. Highly developed interpersonal and project management skills while demonstrating creativity and innovation are the essential for your success.
- Read, comprehend and carry out grant contract requirements;
- Assist with the implementation of grant programs;
- Maintain and develop relationships with jurisdictions;
- Assist with the development of grant applications;
- Assist with public hearings;
- Attend meetings with staff, the public, other agencies, elected officials and other groups with the ability to report back to Community Development Manager of content and results;
- Compile and complete reports including activity and financial reports necessary to remain in compliance with grant programs for review by Community Development Manager;
- Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with federal, state and/or jurisdictions policies and procedures;
- Perform other tasks as assigned from time to time by Community Development Manager.
- Strong contract management and/or grant administration background with the strong ability to read, comprehend and implement contracts and grants;
- Proven ability to rapidly learn new skills to implement grants/contracts;
- Proven ability to prepare financial and activity reports for grants and contracts;
- Strategic judgment and common sense necessary for effective grant management;
- Strong analytic, interpersonal communication and writing skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong organization skills;
- Advance use of Excel (including using functions, tables, etc.), Word and PowerPoint
- Innovative and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to solve problems;
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles;
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration and governmental organizations a plus;
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and vision;
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
This is a part or full-time position (25-40 hours.) Pay rate is $20 to $30/hour. GNS offers excellent benefits including Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, AFLAC, Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, Fitness Plan, Holiday pay and generous Paid Time Off. GNS also operates on a state-approved alternate work week (4/10 hour shifts) Monday thru Thursday.
Apply on Indeed before July 5th, 2022.