Join us in a job that is REWARDING, has GOOD BENEFITS, and uses a FOUR DAY WORK WEEK.
We are looking for that special person able to lead and implement the department’s outreach efforts to identify eligible individuals and families throughout Siskiyou County for the Energy Assistance and Weatherization programs. The Energy Outreach Specialist conducts outreach through community education, targeted marketing efforts, and identifies and works with external partners to promote the organization’s services and opportunities for action. In this position you will be working and coordinating regularly with both the Energy Assistance Manager and Weatherization Departments.
- Develops and leads the Energy Department’s direct outreach activities through special events, community fairs, direct mailing, phone contact, canvassing, and other outreach strategies.
- Fosters collaborative relationships with community partners (non-profit organizations, government agencies, schools, and community groups) and establishes offsite outreach activities, including, but not limited to, orientation sessions to explain program guidelines and make referrals.
- Develops and implements effective strategies for outreach campaigns targeting hard-to-reach populations and disadvantaged communities.
- Designs and produces the necessary materials to support outreach efforts, including creating flyers and graphics and writing effective content for public emails, and coordinates departmental outreach schedule with the Fund Development Coordinator.
- Coordinates with utility companies on joint outreach; works closely with Pacific Power to provide energy assistance outreach to CARE discount recipients and weatherization outreach to high percentage of baseline electricity users.
- Conducts outreach to local property owner associations, apartment property owners, management companies and/or managers to promote programs provided by GNS.
- Assists clients and partners in understanding program eligibility guidelines to ensure the required documentation is submitted and program guidelines are effectively communicated.
- Coordinates and trains department staff to assist with outreach activities.
- Assists with intake activities and application processing as assigned.
- Performs similar outreach duties for other programs and departments on occasion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop);
- Understanding of Siskiyou County community and the challenges it faces;
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with people from different racial, ethnic, and cultural groups and from different backgrounds and lifestyles;
- Ability to comprehend and communicate program goals and requirements and ensure compliance to funding sources’ policies and procedures;
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills including ability to draft, edit and proofread written materials for publication;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations.
Starting pay rate is $18/hour. GNS offers excellent benefits including Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, AFLAC, Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, Fitness Plan, Holiday pay and generous Paid Time Off. GNS also operates on a state-approved alternate work week (4/10 hour shifts) Monday thru Thursday.
Job Type: Full-time. Click here for a complete job description.
Download the application: Application for employment